Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A couple of Chicken Dishes

We all are on the look out for some quick easy and delicious recipes. The last two chicken recipes I made were huge hits with the boys. So, I thought I would share them.

Chicken with French's Onions
I honestly have never used French's Onions before and only have heard of the green bean casserole using them. But my husband wanted the French's Onions and then he heard this recipe on TV (I think he was secretly watching Food Network). So I ran with it...and all the boys loved it.
Chicken Tenders (or chicken breasts cut into strips)
1 beaten egg
2 cups French's Onions (crushed)
-little flour in the crushed onions
roll the chicken in the beaten egg and then in the Onions (press the onions on a little so they stick). Put into a baking dish and in the oven. I did 20 minutes at 375. Make sure you season the chicken with pepper and/or poultry seasoning and/or garlic powder because it can be a little bland with just the onion coating. Really easy and quick...Ryan ate to big helpings and the other two ate without complaining. Meaning it was a hit.

The other chicken dish I made was Chicken breasts in Italian dressing. Which we have had a lot but then I took it a little further.
Chicken Breast marinated in Italian dressing (I am not sure how long...usually when I remember I am making the chicken in the middle of the afternoon and throw it together). Roll in bread crumbs (I buy plain and season them myself but you can used seasoned bread crumbs). Place in a baking dish and bake at 375 until done (again I really don't know how long). When the chicken was almost done I poured tomato sauce (jarred or homemade) over the chicken and topped with fresh mozzarella (not shredded!). Some of the chicken I did not put sauce on because Ryan claims he doesn't like sauce. Just covered it with the mozzarella cheese. Finished baking and done when the cheese is melted and a little browned. Everyone loved it! The chicken without the sauce was just as yummy as the one with the sauce. All the boys ate every last bite.
I know these are not the most creative or original recipes but when my boys clean their plates you know they are good.


No comments:

Post a Comment