Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"A Cup Of Comfort"

Today I have consciously taken a step to get myself out of this "funk" I have been in. I am not sure why or what started it...maybe my period, the weather, the let down after the holidays...Whatever the reason I really need to take responsibility to make myself feel better. Knitting has a way of making me happy. It must be something about making, producing, creating with my own hands or I just enjoy it. Either way I have started a knitting project and started to feel the clouds lift. While digging around in my yarn basket I see a book that I bought a while back. Back when I was still wavering about my faith this book kept popping up while I was a TJ Maxx. Everywhere I looked a copy of this book was there. So, thinking "Hey, maybe, just maybe this is a sign from God", so I bought the book. It has been a year or more and I haven't even cracked it open to read the introduction. Today I finally started reading it. With each short chapter the clouds are lifting and I truly am feeling better. The book is wisely called "A Cup of Comfort. Book of Prayers". On the front cover it says "Stories and reflections that bring you closer to God". I am not sure if that is really the case with me but to read these stories from ordinary people and their prayers has done my heart and head a world of good. It has been my Cup of Comfort. And has given me a few thoughts to ponder (which I love) and I can't wait until my dear friend Shar comes over so I can share these pondering thoughts with her. We have some of the greatest conversations about the Lord, our faith, and everything that goes with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment