Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Croup

Zachy has Croup again. We went to the dr yesterday after not getting any sleep on Monday night. He had that horrible cough and couldn't breath. That is just so scary to me. The dr gave us oral steroids. Which I hate having to give the kids stuff like that but he felt so much better. I put him to bed at 6:30 last night. He got up 5 or 6 times until 11:00, and then slept until 7:00 this morning. The steroid must be doing its job. We all needed the sleep, it was so nice.

Then this morning Griffin was coughing. He is my little asthma boy. Every time he gets sick it ends up in his lungs. We started his inhaler in hopes that we don't end up on liquid steroids. He really is a baby when he is sick. Whiny and sensitive on good days. Sick days leave me pulling my hair out.

Poor Ryan, he coughs and has a running nose but I never really notice because he just goes about his day. Doesn't really complain about being sick. On the other hand, he drives me nuts with his know it all attitude. I really didn't think I would be dealing with that until they were teens, but at 6, he knows everything (a little like his Dad, hmmmm).

Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that Griffin won't get any worse. That his inhaler does its job and we aren't up all night with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment