Sunday, March 1, 2009

The weekend is over

As our weekend comes to an end, I am thankful for all that I have. My family is healthy, happy and safe. My boys are growing by leaps and bounds, as healthy children do. My husband and I are "finding" each other again. I thoroughly enjoy my friends company (bloggy friends included). My spiritual life is expanding. I just feel so fulfilled right now. It was only yesterday I prayed to the Lord for some guidance because I could feel the gray of depression sneaking in. I haven't had any symptoms of depression since before Zachy was born. And as the darkness was slowly creeping in I sat down and prayed. I needed some help to overcome this, I knew I couldn't do it myself. It has been many years of trying to conquer it alone, never being able to beat it. Since I have found myself in the Grace of God, I feel I can conquer anything. So, yesterday I prayed and spoke with God about my feelings, and low and behold I am feeling much better. There is a new light in my life. I know it may sound silly, but this is the real deal. I have never in my life prayed like this and never in my life felt so good about everything. I realize my life is not "perfect" but I am seeing all the good that is in it. Believe me when I say there is a lot of "bad" things in my life, hard things, sad things. But with God on my side they do not seem so overwhelming. I pray that all of you can find this feeling in your lives. Like my blog friend CC says "a place called peace".

Well now that I said my piece on faith I just want to fill you in on our weekend. Yesterday, Ryan had a birthday party for his friend from school, Skylar. This was very hard on Griffin. It was the first party or event that Ryan was invited to and was not asked to bring Griffin. I knew it was coming, as Ryan goes to the "big" school, he is going to have a life of his own. Griffin really had a hard time with this. I tried my best to make him feel like he wasn't missing out. We played wii together, and tried to play a few games. But his feelings were hurt and he just wanted to watch a movie. What movie did he pick...."Back to the Future". It is just sooo crazy, he loves these movies just like his father. I can't believe it. So, being the nice mommy I am (even though I can't stand those movies) I put it in the DVD player. Thankfully he fell asleep a few minutes into the movie. So much for having special time with just me and Griffin.
Today we went to church. This was the first time they both went to Church School without giving me a hard time. Griffin has gone a couple of times, but not Ryan. Well today was his day, off he went without looking back. I must admit he went into the preschool class room because he wanted to stay with Griffin, even though he should have been in the upstairs kindergarten room. But we didn't push it, as long as he was going that was all we could ask for. After church we had lunch and a little clean up time, then I packed them up to go to the indoor pool (sorry Jodi, we would have called so you could join us, I just didn't want to wake you. I knew you were going to try to nap). They had a blast, but I got a huge headache from the smell of the chemicals and the heat/humidity in there. I was able to start Ryan's scarf even will the headache. After swimming we picked up dinner at KFC and headed home.
As the evening wore on the boys were bathed and in bed by 7:00pm. WoooHooo. 3 boys clean and asleep. What a great ending to a great weekend.

I just had to share this picture. Griffin is just so cute...even from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment