Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yummy

I just wanted to share a great recipe that is super easy to make. It doubles as a side dish or a dip for tortillas (this is how I eat it, the hint of lime ones).



Corn and Avocado Salad/Dip

2-3 Avocados diced
1 medium red onion diced
2 11oz canned corn
1 red pepper diced
1 15oz can of black beans
1 small can of chick peas
juice for 2 or 3 limes
about 2 tablespoons of olive oil
a bunch of cilantro chopped

Dice everything and toss in a large bowl. Drain corn and add to veggies. Drain and rinse beans and add to veggies. Whisk lime juice and olive oil and chopped cilantro together then pour it over the veggies and mix. Chill for about 30 minutes.
Then EAT!!!

My measurements are purely guesses. I am not sure how much olive oil I use. I really just drizzle it into the lime juice until it looks right. I have to make a special bowl without beans for my sister-in-law Nancy, because she doesn't like beans...can you imagine that. Really the beans are wonderful in it. You can serve this as just a side dish or will chips as a dip. Either way it is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment