Friday, January 16, 2009

Sad News...

Last night we got a shocker of a phone call. My cousin Lynn, who has became a good friend and I also take care of her 2 year old daughter Becca, went home from work and found her husband dead on the sofa. I can't believe it. Brad was so young, maybe 45, and they have 2 little girls. I feel so badly for Lynn and her family. I wish there was something I could do for her. I am at a loss, would be appropriate for me to make dinner for them?
I also am not sure how my boys would be affected by this. They don't understand all that well, when we told them what happen. Ryan was also close to Lynn at school. She is a teacher at his school and was there to help him when he was having a hard time at the beginning of the year. Both boys loved Brad. When he would come here to drop Abigail off from school, the boys would play and goof around with him. They really enjoyed seeing him.
I think this just re enforces my need to attend church and the boys go to church school on Sundays. They would have the faith to help them understand death, and have some idea what happens after people die.
This is Becca. She is a sweet, talkative little girl. She is only 2, and will probably never remember her dad. How sad.

1 comment:

  1. Again, my heart just breaks for those girls. She will probalby be swamped with food right now. You should think about long term. To steal an idea from someone else, get a big tote together with itmes she may not feel like running out and getting...diapers, toilet paper, snacks for the kids, things like that. Although I'm sure just being there is for her is the best gift of all.

    ReplyDelete